There are three different types of membership available to Healing in America applicants.
- Internship is the most common. After completion of Level 1 of the Certified Energy Healer Training you become eligible and can be invited to join. The annual intern membership fee is $75, but when you first join there is an additional $36 administrative fee, bringing the first year total to $111.
- Certified Healer Membership can be applied for after a minimum of a 12-month period, and completing Levels 1-3 of the courses, provided the criteria for certification is met. Annual membership for certified healer members is still $75, plus the cost of professional liability insurance.
- Supporter/Friend membership is for those people who do not necessarily want to become healers, yet would like to support the work carried out by Healing in America, through donations.
Students may attend our courses without seeking membership in Healing in America.
Internship is a great way for those who have completed Level 1 of our Certified Energy Healer Training to gain some hands-on practice. To qualify for Internship, each intern commits to:
- Develop their own healing gift
- Complete Certified Healing course levels 1-3
The applicant must also have the desire to obtain Certified Healer Membership in due course.
Upon joining, interns will receive a log book for recording all courses and healing development meetings attended, a copy of our Code of Ethics and a list of books books to read relating to spirituality or healing, etc.
To support our interns, we offer monthly healing development meetings and the opportunity to participate as healers at healing circles.
*Please note that anyone undergoing treatment for mental health problems should not undertake Healer Training.
Applying for Certified Healer Membership
If a student is ready and has met all the requirements, they may apply for certified membership after 12 months of joining as an intern. The application fee is $85.00.
As a minimum, interns must have:
- Completed Levels 1-3 of the Certified Energy Healer Trainings
- Worked with at least four clients with whom they benefited from their healing. Healing in America will then write to each of the four clients, independently, to ensure they have been helped by receiving energy healing from the applicant.
It is mandatory that Certified Healing Practitioners have insurance coverage for energy healing. This can be obtained through Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals.
Interns are then invited before a panel of healers, either in-person or via Skype, to:
a. Ensure they are conversant with the Code of Conduct by answering questions.
b. Present their up to date log book of development
c. Give a demonstration of healing on a client sitting in a chair
d. Present two case studies of clients they have worked with.
Certified members can also receive client referrals from Healing in America.
Continuing Education Requirement
Once certified, there is a continuing education requirement of 15 hours per year. This can easily be achieved by repeating one of our courses for the nominal tuition of $95.
These standards are what have made our affiliate organization, The Healing Trust, accepted by the medical profession in England. It is our goal to have energy healing be as accepted by the U.S. medical profession as it is in England.
Supporter/Friends membership is for those people who would like to support the work carried out by Healing in America, through donations.
This is an important category, as the planned expansion of the organization as outlined in our Mission Statement, requires considerable investment for opening healing centers, marketing, exhibitions, training etc.